Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Life of a Hairstylist in The Union

Time for that check in! So much has happened per usual. As I have spent the last several years doing hair and trying to figure out which way I want to go with it I can now announce I AM A PART OF THE LOCAL 706 union for film and TV. I had the opportunity to work on a movie called “Curve” at the end of last year. I worked with amazing people and made some pretty amazing friends. Although I have worked in film and TV before this was a big eye opener for me. I felt at home. For the past few months I have had the opportunity to work with some incredible people. A few weeks ago my eyes were opened to a whole new world when I fell in love with a 97 year old man. Before you freak out it’s not like that. To be fair I have to fight the stunning Angelina Jolie for him. This mans name is Louis Zamperini and was not only a prisoner of war but he has survived miracles. This is not why I fell in love with him though. Through all of his trials and tribulations in life Mr. Zamperini has the most positive outlook on life and it is beyond contagious. He is charismatic and at 97 has more brainpower and memory than I do at 30. He knows everything from politics to sports and even if those aren’t your topics he captivates you. It’s hard not to just fall for his every word. He will have you laughing and feeling happy in no time. I had the privilege to do hair and makeup for him that day along with the amazing Tom Brokow. Mr. Brokow was interviewing Louis and Angelina Jolie. What a day and may be my favorite thus far in my career. Of course there have been so many other amazing jobs I have had recently. I am happy to report I am happy waking up at crazy hours and getting to do what I love every day. Although the job is far from glamorous it is where I belong. Thank you to all of you who have been by my side through this bumpy journey. I look forward to sharing my adventures with you. Also my favorite beauty product this week is Julie Hewitt Lip Balm! It quite amazing! Until Next time….

No comments:

Post a Comment