Sunday, January 8, 2012

Life as an assistant -New Year, New Deals, New Email

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!

I hope you are all doing well. I am excited to tell you all about some new things going on in my hair world.

For starters I have a new email for all of my clients to reach me at. Samrstyles@gmail.com
You can now book appointments through that email address or text/call my cell.

I am also running some new promotions I'd like to share with you all. If you refer someone to me I will be offering you %50 off any service and I will be giving %50 off your friends first service as well. I have coupons that look like the following that I will customize for you and the new client that look like this:

You can email me the info, I will customize the coupon and just bring it in at the time of your appointment.


I also am doing a drawing the first of every month. You have to email me or text me your name and contact info and I will put them all in a hat and the first of every month I will pull one name and that person will get a free service or treatment on their hair. So make sure you send me all your info. You may enter as many times as you'd like to increase your odds :)

As for the new things going on...I am one step closer to having my own chair at the salon. Just a couple more cuts and I am done :) I am loving the salon I work for and the people I work with. I have continued to do reshoot for the movie I have been working for. I recently ran into Seth Green and his adorable wife at the laker game where he told me the movie is looking AMAZING and is currently being shopped.

I have been cutting and coloring a lot of hair in the past few months and would like to thank everyone, including Mike, Ryan and Caitlin (who I went to high school with), for trusting me with their hair :) I've continued working with some of my favorite clients who are quite a trip. There is one old client who has been married to her husband for 60+ years and when I asked her what her secret was she responded (in her very thick New York accent:
"Compromise. It's all about compromise. Also when he tells you what he wants you to do you say ok then do what you want anyways".
It was a pretty interesting conversation.

I had another walk in from craigslist which is always crazy and within 10 minutes of meeting her I knew her whole life story. She told me she was in an arranged marriage for a few months with a man from the middle east who won't have sex with her but will masturbate 7 to 8 times a day. WHOA BUDDY that caught me off guard. But then again I guess she really needed someone to talk to.

Another exciting piece of news...I did hair for JLO's after party for the AMA's at Greystone Manor. Such a fun experience. She wanted models walking around the party so I was hired to do their hair. After that I shared a glass of champagne with Chaka Khan (totally surreal) and we talked all about her amazing fro (seriously awesome). She curses like a sailor. I mistook Chris Brown for Sisqo, not to his face thank god (dude don't bleach your hair out!). JLO was rocking a high pony tail which is coming back with a bang along with the usual cali beach waves and there was quite a bit of BIG hair. Lots of volume.




Well that's enough about me. I hope you are all still enjoying reading these blogs. If you know anyone that would like to be added to the email list send me their contact info!

I am currently booking appointments for all of your hair needs and don't forget to send info for the drawing and tell friends to come in for the discounts! :)

See you all really soon!

Sam

samrstyles@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/srstyles

No comments:

Post a Comment