Saturday, July 2, 2011

Life as an assistant - photoshoots, PSA's, Oh My

Well hello everyone!

Over the past couple of weeks since the film finished I have been working on a few things to keep me busy until I find a job. I worked on an amazing PSA directed by Ron Howard for the Boys and Girls Club. What a fun yet chaotic experience. I also had the pleasure of doing a few photo shoots. The first was for a top secret new CW show (which sadly I can't give too much info on yet) and the second was an amazing shoot to build my portfolio.

The PSA was quite an experience. I had a 7 am call in the middle of Glendale with a cast that was unreal. I showed up and was shuttled to the location and was left standing in the middle of this parking lot by myself with my kit. As ready as I was it was a bit of an overwhelming experience. I stood there with hundreds of people running around me with ear pieces, walkie talkies and cell phones all looking like their heads had been cut off. No one would stop to direct me to the beauty trailer so I just started walking around. There were about 30 trailers so it was not an easy journey. Once I finally found it and met the rest of the beauty team I placed my stuff down and went straight to crafty for coffee. As I went back to the trailer the young kids (prob ages 10-15) started coming in to get their hair done before the celebrities arrived. They were all adorable and talking about how excited they were to see Ron Howard in person. They weren't excited about the major A-Listers coming but Ron Howard was the one to see. As we got their hair and make up done and went to set the big guns started to arrive. I watched Denzel Washington, John Paul (of Paul Mitchell), J Lo, Cuba Gooding JR, Ne-Yo, Shaq, Magic, Shawn White, Sugar Ray Lennard, Ashanti and so many others start to roll on to set. Most of the pictures were posted to my twitter account as an exclusive so if you would like to see them you'll have to add me @cosmoenthusiast.

The photo shoot I did for the top secret show was lucky enough to come my way form my cousin Jenny (THANK YOU AGAIN!!!) who hired me to do hair for 8 different people. The hair I did will be seen in motion and still posters. I will keep you all posted on that when more can be revealed.

The most exciting for me was the photo shoot I did just a few days ago! I got together a group of 3 other girls. One was a photographer/makeup artist who also needs to build her books like I do and the other 2 amazing young women were friends of mine I brought in to model! We shot all over my area in Hollywood and did 3 hair changes. The shoot went better then expected. We shared a lot of laughs and had some pretty awesome pictures. I have included some of the "behind the scenes" photos that I personally took. The finished shots will be available soon (as well as the rest of the "behind the scenes shots posted currently) on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/srstyles













No comments:

Post a Comment